Chris Chariton is presenting this topic at the Marketing & Sales Summit.
The buy cycle has been around for as long as products have been bought and sold. While the stages of the process haven’t changed over the years, the way buyers
navigate through the buy cycle and where they go to get information has changed dramatically.
This interactive workshop will shed light onto the four major stages of the B2B buy cycle – Needs Awareness, Research, Consideration & Comparison, and Procurement – and effective marketing strategies for each of these steps.
Attendees of this session will walk away with:
- Information on what sources B2B buyers rely on today for each step of the purchasing funnel
- Tips for what your company should do to address buyers at each stage of the process
- Actionable research data on how industrial buyers purchase today, and what influences them
- Details on the role social, traditional and online media play in the various buying stages
- Why the “last click” that leads to the purchase should not receive all of the credit for the sale… and how to effectively build your marketing strategy to address this
This workshop will also cover best practices in conducting a content audit to ensure that your marketing materials are addressing the needs of buyers at various stages of the buy cycle, and that your company and products are visible in various media/information sources used across each stage.
About Chris Chariton
Chris Chariton is Vice President of Marketing Services and Product Management for GlobalSpec (www.globalspec.com), a specialized search engine, information resource, e-publishing and online events company for the industrial sector. In this role, Chariton oversees direct marketing, demand generation, product management and market research, as well as public relations and advertising.
An expert in the field of industrial marketing, Chariton has been with GlobalSpec since 2000. Since that time, GlobalSpec has grown to six million registered users and consistently achieves record levels of profitability. Overall, she has nearly 20 years of marketing experience, including 10 years with Pactiv and Saint-Gobain Performance Plastics.