Julie Fraser from Cambashi Inc. and Rick Albrecht from Dynatech Control Solutions will be presenting on this topic at the Sales and Marketing Summit.
“alignleft size-full wp-image-487″ title=”jf” src=”http://marketingsalessummit.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/jf2.jpg” alt=”" width=”80″ height=”80″ />Julie Fraser is the President & Principal Industry Analyst, Cambashi Inc. With offices in the UK and USA, Cambashi is focused on assisting providers of information technology and applications to better equip customers in value-adding industries to prosper in the information economy. By developing growth strategies, Cambashi helps their clients create new jobs and bring economic improvement to their communities and countries as well as drive the development of new products, buildings, utilities and services that keep the economy moving.
How many times have you eagerly told a prospect about your products only to have them say, “So what?” Everyone wants to avoid that wet blanket during a sales call. This will be an open discussion forum about consultative selling, also sometimes called solution selling. The concept is to ask what they want rather than telling them what you’ve got. This requires a concerted effort on the part of the salespeople, but also the marketing and sales readiness or training teams.
How is it going for you?
Please come and share what is working for you, what you have learned, and in a safe environment, also discuss what the challenges and frustrations are. We will discuss whatever you want, but some of the topics might include:
- What does it take to move beyond training and use this approach on every sales call?
- Is it uncomfortable to listen first rather than “feature puking”? What tricks do you use to open up the prospect to tell you relevant information on what they need?
- How do you react when the prospects’ responses don’t point clearly to one of your products or solutions?
- What do you need from marketing to help create these openings for conversation?
- How do you prepare for a consultative sales call?
- What are some keys to helping the prospect take action and make the changes involved in using your products?
Rick Albrecht is a Sales Engineer for Dynatech Control Solutions. DynaTech brings quality instrumentation for flow measurement, level measurement, pressure measurement, temperature measurement, chemical process, water & wastewater analysis. They supply the highest quality flow meters, level transmitters, pressure transmitters, annunciators, temperature transmitters, signal conditioning, IS barriers, gas and flame detectors, real-time process controls and automation systems to service your needs.